Spasmodic Dysphonia UK Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Spasmodic Dysphonia UK on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Spasmodic Dysphonia UK Support Forum on your social bookmarking website

Botox injections

3 posters

Go down

Botox injections Empty Botox injections

Post by surepay Fri 06 Mar 2009, 1:18 am

I tried to post this as a reply to the existing post on botox injections but the system doesn't let me.

I was told that the NHS in Dorset does not provide botox injections because of the cost - which can be pretty devastating if you have moved here from Sussex which does. They only offer speech therapy for which there is a long waiting list.

I presume it varies from NHS trust - part of the post code lottery.

Does anyone know what the cost would be privately ?

surepay

Back to top Go down

Botox injections Empty Re: Botox injections

Post by Nintey Mon 09 Mar 2009, 6:04 am

I was quoted somewhere in the region of £500 if I wanted to go private, but was told it was done at the same hospital by the same doctor and there was a similar length of time on the waiting list.

How long had you been having botox injections prior to moving from Sussex? and How long were your results lasting between injections?
Nintey
Nintey
Admin

http://spasmodic-dysphonia.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Botox injections Empty Result of Botox

Post by caroldevon Thu 08 May 2014, 6:21 am

I am new to the Forum and have had SD for 9 years and was told there was no treatment but tried Voice Therapy for 6 months, it made no difference. I heard about Botox on Radio 4 some weeks ago and took the info to my GP who gave me a referral to Plymouth hospital. Very short wait and had my first treatment 12 days ago. The voice 'stop/start is gone but my voice is very week, by the end of each day it almost disappears. Has anyone else had this after effect?

caroldevon

Back to top Go down

Botox injections Empty Re: Botox injections

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down